Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: SOBER @ Dan's, with Bdx, Burg, Loire, Nahe, Rhone, Champagne,Brunello

DaleW wrote:
[]
> 2005 Huet Clos du Bourg Vouvray Demi-Sec
> Grapefruit, chalky, stony with a cheesey note some dislike. I liked
> it a lot more when I drank water and concentrated on this alone.
> Somewhat tight. B for now

Thanks for the notes. These are fabulously complex wines, the sec and
the demi-sec. But "cheesy?" Do you mean "tastes like cheese (which
one?) or "rather obvious and lacking in subtlety?"

Maybe an off bottle?
[]
> 1971 Lafite-Rothschild (from mag)
> "A wonderful Burg" Red fruit, cedar, a bit of mushroom. Not very
> big, but really lithe and classy. A-

Nice guess, this happens to me regularly. I'm pretty bad blind, though
I can get the cepage at least sometimes!
[]
> A great night, where the fact I was driving was the only downnote!

What's the strategy in that case, do you spit?

-E