Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Are Red and Yellow Bell Peppers More Nutritious than Green Ones?

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
news
> wrote on Mon, 31 Aug 2009 06:45:58 -0700
> (PDT):

>>> But the red ones I only taste once. The green ones I can
>>> taste again, and again, and again.

> Red sweet peppers, being ripe, taste much better uncooked than green. I
> don't particularly like uncooked green peppers in a salad tho' they aren't
> bad in gazpacho.

Depends on the dish; green taste better fried with eggs, much better fried
with sausage potato, and onion, much better atop a pizza, green are better
stuffed... I agree, reds are better raw. I don't much care for the yellow,
orange, purple, brown, etc... they're more a novelty, those haven't much
flavor at all.