Posted to rec.food.cooking
sqwertz sqwertz is offline

Default meat cocktails

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 21:50:59 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> That's exactly an example I was reaching for. not that mole is
> particularly spicy, but I sort of remember reading something about the
> how "Hot Chocolate" was before Cortez (my memories are faulty for that
> period) took it back to Europe.

I'll never forget when we were studying the Aztec's in 6th grade.
My end of study project was to bring in some genuine xocolątl, a
bitter chocolate drink made with (a little bit) of chili pepper and
dyed red with achiote. There was no sugar, and I think it even had
raw egg in it. It was horrible, everybody in class hated it,
including the teacher. I don't blame them. But it was *AUTHENTIC*,
dammit!

Then some bitch, Wendy Wilmer, three presentations after mine had
the same idea. She used Hershey syrup and warm milk. Everybody
loved that one. She probably got a better grade then me, too. That
bitch!

So whenever somebody says they don't like a food, recipe, or idea
I've posted here in RFC and I lash out you, don't take it
personally. It's really Wendy I'm mad at. That bitch!

(Tongue in cheek, I think. I did just now track her down on the
Internet, living 150 miles away from where we went to grade school,
and 5 miles away from where I lived in Columbus OH a decade ago.
Same age, same surname, running tri-athalons - must be a *******.
Everything fits perfectly. I bet she leaned that way because of me.
I feel better now.)

Heh.

-sw