Old 27-08-2009, 10:57 PM posted to alt.food.wine
James Dempster James Dempster is offline

Default jargon

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:59:15 -0400, Joseph Coulter
wrote:

Thanks for that! It's one of those subtle and vague terms that some English
writers are overfond of using.
Graham

Finesse is one of my favorite wine words For me it refers to a wine
that does not overpower, but has a gentle approach ie not a fruitbomb.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

I still think that the definition of finesse in the Chambers
Dictionary sums it up perfectly "subtle intention of design".

A wine with finesse is subtle, balanced and beautiful rather than
loud, brash and in your face.

Think Chanel's little black dress or Michael Broadbent's tailor. :-)

James