Posted to rec.food.cooking
hahabogus[_3_] hahabogus[_3_] is offline

Default Adventures in Cooking with No Teeth . . .

Lynn from Fargo > wrote in news:246f62b0-34ec-4f92-9cee-
on Aug Sat 2009 pm

> I decided I could eat fish - at least I could if it was sauteed. So I
> bought some (IQF) Orange Roughy fillets, thawed one, sprinkled it with
> lemon pepper and (lightly) dredged it in flour. Sauteed it in a mix
> of a bit of butter and a bit of olive oil 3 minutes one one side, two
> on the flip side. (Couldn't make a pan sauce - no wine or even juice
> in the house. Squeezed a chunk of fresh lime over it. It was really
> good! First time in my life i didn't turn fish into a burnt
> offering! Next trip to the store I'll get some wine - a bottle of
> red, a bottle of white and a bottle of sherry. Last bottle of sherry
> lasted several months (I can't drink wine but I can cook with it!)
> Lynn in Fargo
> PS: Suggestions for (no-teeth) side dishes esp. veggies?

Mac & Cheese,
Beef Stew
all sorts of eggs
oatmeal etc
pork and saur Kraut casseroles
noodles
soups
investigate crock pot meals
hamburger patties and mashed spuds

If all else fails put cooked chicken in a food processor and make chicken pate.

I too was toothless

--
Is that your nose, or are you eatting a banana? -Alan