Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kris[_1_] Kris[_1_] is offline

Default Adventures in Cooking with No Teeth . . .

On Aug 22, 10:04*pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> I decided I could eat fish *- at least I could if it was sauteed. So I
> bought some (IQF) Orange Roughy fillets, thawed one, sprinkled it with
> lemon pepper and (lightly) dredged it in flour. *Sauteed it in a mix
> of a bit of butter and a bit of olive oil 3 minutes one one side, two
> on the flip side. *(Couldn't make a pan sauce - no wine or even juice
> in the house. *Squeezed a chunk of fresh lime over it. It was really
> good! *First time in my life i didn't turn fish into a burnt
> offering! *Next trip to the store I'll get some wine - a bottle of
> red, a bottle of white and a bottle of sherry. Last bottle of sherry
> lasted several months (I can't drink wine but I can cook with it!)
> Lynn in Fargo
> PS: Suggestions for (no-teeth) side dishes esp. veggies?

Mashed potatos & sweet potatoes, of course. Actually there are many
good vegetable purees,like parsnip & rutabaga.

Creamed spinach or corn (homemade of course )

Spoon bread?

I suppose you could cook your macaroni & cheese very mushy?

Happy "gumming",

Kris