Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Zucchini bread (It's that time again!)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:59:07 -0600, Gloria P >
wrote:

>Adapted from Zucchini Bread, James Beard's
> "Carl Goh's Zucchini Bread" from James Beard's Bread Cookbook
> (modified to be low-fat) Makes two loaves
>
>3 eggs (or Egg Beaters)
>1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
>(this has already been reduced--don't reduce much further!)
>1/3 cup oil plus 2/3 c. applesauce (or 1 cup cooking oil)
>2 c. coarsely grated raw zucchini (or golden zucchini)
>3 tsp. vanilla extract
>3 c. all purpose flour
>1 tsp. salt
>1 tsp. baking soda
>1/4 tsp. baking powder
>3 tsp. ground cinnamon
>1/2 tsp. nutmeg, pinch of cloves and allspice
>1 c. coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
> raisins, optional (we don't like 'em)
> 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
>
>Grease well and flour two 9 inch loaf pans.
>Sift together flour, leavenings, and spices, set aside.
>Beat eggs till light and foamy, stir in sugar, vanilla, and oil,
>mixing well. Add dry ingredients gradually while still stirring to
>combine Add zucchini, mix well, then nuts. Pour into pans.
>
>Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for ~50-60 minutes or until a tester
>comes out clean. Cool on rack about 15 minutes, then remove from pan
>and continue to cool until room temperature. Wrap securely. Serve
>sliced, spread with cream cheese.
>
>This bread freezes very well. It's great for breakfast.
>
>gloria p

Looks good. Here is another type of zucchini bread. It is for a
bread machine but I use my mixer or food processor.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Whole Wheat Zucchini Herb Bread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads

1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup zucchini -- grated
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups flour, bread
1 tablespoon basil, fresh -- chopped
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order
suggested by
the manufacturer. Set for Basic Bread cycle, or Normal setting.

Source:
"http://bread.allrecipes.com/AZ/WhleWhtZucchiniHrbBrd.asp"
Yield:
"1 1/2 pounds"
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 534 Calories; 19g Fat (29.5%
calories from fat); 17g Protein; 83g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 2147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Susan N.