Jean-Scott

Default Cheesecake cupcakes

Lord Jubjub > wrote in news:jubjub-45D5C9.21015730112003
@corp.supernews.com:

> I would like to make cheesecake in a cupcake/muffin pan.
>
> But it occurs to me that that the crumb crust that I usually make for my
> cheesecakes may not work in the cupcake shape.
>
> Can I simply bake the crumb crust and expect it to hold? Does anyone
> have a different crust recipe that will work?

I make mini cheesecakes for my catering, and they turn out fine. Measure
you crumb mixture into the cup, press firmly with a smaller glass or
tumbler with a similar shape. As long as you have plenty of butter in your
crumb mix, it will stick to the sides, but you need to press it firmly all
at once. Then before you put in your filling, gently place your pans into
the freezer for 10-15 minutes so they stay in place while filling.

Now just fill and bake. Do not pre=bake the crusts. Plus, the cooktime is
greatly reduced, so watch your product.

Jean-Scott