Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Who Makes the Best Manual Can Opener?

On Mon 17 Aug 2009 06:50:50a, pavane told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
>|I need to replace my can opener. I am not interested in electric or
>|battery
>| operated models or those which also remove the top rim of the can. I'd
>| prefer one that's easy to clean, even dishwasherable if possible.
>|
>| All suggestions considered.
>
> I just looked for reviews of manual can openers. Pretty much
> what we have said so far:
>
> http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/357934
> http://www.galttech.com/research/hou...can-opener.php
>
> Wayne, did you ever tell us what you are replacing and why?
>
> pavane

I'm replacing a Swing-a-Way which is probably 12-15 years old. It often
mis-tracks on the can now and becomes frustrating.

Given all the comments, both fore and against, I think I will still get
another Swing-a-Way.

Thanks to all for your comments, references, and recommendations!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Life goes faster on protein. Martin H. Fischer