Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Chilaquiles

For breakfast I wanted Chilaquiles. I still haven't made enchilada
sauce so I used my good ol' standby. I was too lazy to fry up some old
tortillas so I used pre-made tostada shells. These I usually have on
hand also. They are great for ceviche tostadas.
I got together the enchilada sauce, tortillas, onion and cheese.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2hi002t.jpg

Poured a little of the sauce into the baking pan. Just enough to coat
the bottom of the pan.
http://i30.tinypic.com/f051qb.jpg

Add broken up tortillas,
http://i32.tinypic.com/fu0qqb.jpg

and layer in some cheese and onion.
http://i26.tinypic.com/2s1n11f.jpg

Repeat. Top layer should be sauce and cheese and onion.
http://i29.tinypic.com/29vcl54.jpg

Place in a 350* oven until hot and bubbly.

While the chilaquiles were baking I fried some bacon and scrambled up
some eggs.
http://i28.tinypic.com/6gk65t.jpg

This made a great breakfast with some sliced heirloom tomatoes.
http://i26.tinypic.com/fxe9uh.jpg

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw