Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Specializing in cuisines from other countries/regions

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> The Julia thread (and a few other recent threads) got me to thinking
> about this...
>
> Do you think that one can become an acknowledged "expert" at cooking
> authentic cuisine(s) from other countries/regions without actually
> living and/or studying a particular cuisine in the applicable
> country/region of origin?

No - not really.

> Would taking a course (in your home country) or being taught 'how to' by
> a relative/friend who came from that country/region do the trick?

Any thoughts?
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

It's just not enough - IMHO the ofactory (smell ) of ethnic plays such an
important part, no class or classes can ever cement the taste and smell of
street food.

I also believe the Street foods amd such an important part and that can
seldome be learned.

Dimitri