Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Beef Eye of Round "sous vide" disaster

"Theron" ha scritto nel messaggio >
> "Omelet" wrote in message

> People talk about "sous vide" cooking in a crockpot. You'd have to use the
> low temp setting.
>
> Ed

The whole thing sounds like a try at the Darwin Award. When training for a
culinary career, one is taught that food spending time between 38° and 140°
is a shortcut to food poisoning and lawsuits. I frankly think this needs to
be left to the pros for a while yet, because they obviously know more about
this than the resrt of us. You describe deliberately leaving a piece of
meat in that temp range for hours. I think your shoe leather may have saved
your butt this time.