Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Dried chipotles - hel-l-lp

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Steve Y > wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have a recipe ? Might still be able to get some cherries.
> >>
> >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

(snips in the recipe)
> > Cherry Chipotle Relish
> >
> > Recipe By: Barb Schaller 6-05

> > 1 cup M.A. Gedney Cherry Preserves <cough>

> > Heat the oil in a small saucepan and cook the onion and garlic in it for
> > a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce
> > heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Cool before serving with roast
> > meat or with a sandwich. Makes about one cup. Refrigerate leftovers.
> > It packs a sneaky bite.

(snip)
> Hmmm. I seem to be missing an essential ingredient--and it seems
> like heresy to sub some other brand!

:-) It's available online from mybrandsinc.com, I believe.
I'm not wild about what I made last night (the second recipe) ‹
something's missing and I'm not sure what it is. Might be a titch of
salt, although the texture and consistency isn't what I would like it to
be, in spite of my screwing around with trying to get it right.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check it out