Jack Schidt®

Default How Much Is A Slice Of Pizza?

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

> Today I had several early appointments and found myself on the street
> around two in the afternoon, hungry and not able to go into a coffee
> shop, because I wanted to be at home when the first trick and treaters
> rang my bell. I had not eaten anything except half a mango for
> breakfast.
>
> I went into a small Pizzeria from which I have ordered whole pizza pies,
> but never a slice. I asked for a slice with mushrooms, which was just
> coming out of the oven.
>
> I don't know what I expected, but I have to admit that I was stunned
> when I was told that the slice cost $2.90. To me, it seems like a lot,
> but is it? What do you pay in other parts of the country/world?
>
> I went to an independent Pizza place, not to a fast food chain
> restaurant, what we used to call a "Pizza Parlor". The slice was
> delicious, fresh mushrooms, good cheeses, crispy crust, everything the
> way it should be.
>
> Please, let me know. Thank you, Margaret

A buck and a half at the local joint here in the toolies, Margaret, but that
gets you a mediocre pizza (crust like a towel, canned mushrooms, etc). In
new haven it's about 2 bucks and much better, although the premier places
like Sally's and Pepe's don't sell slices.

I'd say you did ok if you had crisp crust and 'the way it should be'.

Jack Pie