Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_5_] Cheryl[_5_] is offline

Default Browned and braised "country style" pork ribs

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> We've been going light on beef and pork for a while and I have not been
> cooking much, so I wanted meeeeeeeat. My favorite has to be these ribs,
> deeply browned, then braised in a splash of water with rosemary and coarse
> brown pepper until they fall apart. It is fatty meat, but it is one of the
> best examples of how good meat is when it is cooked with bone and fat.
>
> It's great as is, or with a drizzle of honey barbecue sauce on a sandwich.
> I refrigerate it overnight and remove the creamy white fat from the top,
> remove the meat from the bones and solid fat, and freeze the gelled broth
> for use in stirfries and stews. Good stuff for $2 a pound, often a buck
> fifty on sale. Great with noodles and mushrooms and other vegetables, too.

Sounds good. I did some of those "ribs" on the grill last weekend, with BBQ
sauce. They were braised a little in the oven prior to grilling them. I
cooked the whole package of several pounds and froze some of the ungrilled
pre-cooked pork to use later.