Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Muncie Bob Muncie is offline

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

cybercat wrote:
> "Serene Vannoy" > wrote
>> ObFood: Tonight, we stopped for hamburgers on our way home and got one for
>> the kid. Also, I got the best ever grape tomatoes for a dollar a pound,
>> and I'm gonna snarf a bazillion of them for "dessert".
>>

> I love grape tomatos. They are nice sliced (so they will not shoot out the
> sides) with raw onions on sub type sandwiches, too. I have been cooking very
> little this summer, mostly eating simple stuff like salads and sandwiches
> (and watermelon!) at home, with the occasional big old greasy fast food
> meal. Today it was a Bojangles bacon egg and cheese biscuit with fries. Big,
> seasoned, half-floppy, half crispy, perfect potatoes. Mmm. Also, (and this
> should wow the rfc crowd, haha!) I have discovered Shake N Bake, using it on
> chicken legs after soaking them in milk for a few hours. Excellent cold, in
> salads, or snarfed over the sink off the bone.

I know the style. I've been eating yogurt and/or cereal for breakfast,
salad/fruit for lunch and or dinner time frame mostly, with an
occasional indulgence. I have some BOGO coupons for Culver's double
deluxe burgers that expire today, so it's likely I'll indulge that
today. I also have some steamed burger with onions and mushrooms I made
yesterday for a more healthy loose meat sandwich yesterday. The left
over will likely go towards a chili on Saturday or Sunday. Guess I'll be
burgered out by the end of the week-end and switching to chicken :-) But
now is the right time to enjoy the salad and fruit as they are at least
50% off around here this time of the season.

Bob