Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote

> ObFood: Tonight, we stopped for hamburgers on our way home and got one for
> the kid. Also, I got the best ever grape tomatoes for a dollar a pound,
> and I'm gonna snarf a bazillion of them for "dessert".

I love grape tomatos. They are nice sliced (so they will not shoot out the
sides) with raw onions on sub type sandwiches, too. I have been cooking very
little this summer, mostly eating simple stuff like salads and sandwiches
(and watermelon!) at home, with the occasional big old greasy fast food
meal. Today it was a Bojangles bacon egg and cheese biscuit with fries. Big,
seasoned, half-floppy, half crispy, perfect potatoes. Mmm. Also, (and this
should wow the rfc crowd, haha!) I have discovered Shake N Bake, using it on
chicken legs after soaking them in milk for a few hours. Excellent cold, in
salads, or snarfed over the sink off the bone.