Default BESTEST fried rice

Fried Rice:
Serves 4 to 6 as part of a multicourse meat.

2 large eggs
2 tsp. plus 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
6 ounces chinese barbecued pork, store-bought or homemade(optional)
3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled(white rice, ok)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/3 cup finely minced scallions
1 tbsp. thin soy sauce
1 tsp. XO Sauce(optional)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper

Fried Rice:

Lightly beat eggs. Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or skillet over
medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Add 2 teaspoons oil and beaten eggs, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, tilting the
pan so that the egg covers the surface as
thinly as possible to make a pancake. When the bottom is just beginning to
brown and the pancake is just set, transfer
to a cutting board. Allow pancake to cool slightly, then cut into
1/4-inch-wide, 2-inch-long strips. Cut barbecued pork
into 1/4-inch dice to make about 1 1/4 cups.

Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and rice to wok, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes,
breaking up the rice to separate the grains,
until it is lightly coated with oil. Add the diced pork, peas, scallions,
and egg strips, and continue stir-frying 3 to 4 minutes,
or until rice is beginning to brown slightly. Add soy sauce, XO Sauce if
desired, salt, and pepper, and stir-fry 1 more minute,
or until well combined. Serve immediately.

as demonstrated by Grace Young, author of The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen,
on discovery channel.