Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] pltrgyst@spamlessxhost.org is offline

Default salt grinder - see through

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:23:10 -0400, "Dee Dovey" > wrote:

>Never mind -- I think I'll send off for the Kuhn Rikon which has a see-thru
>acrylic container and ceramic grinder, with mostly good reviews - at
>Amazon.

The Oxo Good Grips on Amazon is a see-through ceramic grinder, with all top
ratings. It has also gotten a good review from Cooks Magazine, and might be
easier to operate than others.

We have a pair of see-through salt and pepper mills, both with ceramic
mechanisms, but the salt mill is very difficult to turn once the moist salt
starts caking.

Have you considered simply running a tablespoon or two at a time through a
pulsing whirly-blade spice grinder? That's what I do when I want finely ground
sea salt.

-- Larry