Gregory Toomey

Default what is the secret ingredient for chinese fried rice?

June Moore wrote:

> Anyone know the ingredient for the very unique taste/aroma for the
> chinese fried rice that you eat at the chinese restaurant?
> I've tried the sesamie oil but it does not taste like it.

I was going to ask the same thing thus week!

The Chinese fried rice her in Australia seems to have a yellowish colour &
not much soy sauce.

From observation
- use a short grain rice
- use a rice cooker, it produces far better rice
- msg IS a must to get the Chinese Restaurant taste
- they seem to have green peas, chopped ham/chinese barbecue pork, egg, &
small prawns as well. I've seen small dried prawns at the asian grocer.

Also see
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/0688146112/

gtoomey