Posted to rec.food.baking
anthony anthony is offline

Default semolina flour in Australia for bread?

I've seen some packets of flour labelled 'semolina' but none specify
that they're from durum flour. So does this mean that Australian
'semolina' is in fact often an ersatz product made just from regular
crushed wheat-germ from conventional flour? Some recipes I want to try
to specify genuine durum semolina, a totally different type of wheat
from our normal bread flour. A Google search has turned up one
manufacturer who says their product is from durum, but they're in WA
and shipping to the east coast would be prohibitive.