Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Shortening versus Butter in Homemade Biscuits

Damaeus wrote:

> It's like caviar. I dunno... the whole idea of eating caviar is as
> disgusting as eating something like haggis. I have long suspected that
> maybe caviar is like a running joke with the affluent and wealthy. Perhaps
> they don't eat caviar, themselves, but they serve it to all their poor
> friends who come around and think they're living the high life by eating
> fish roe. Then they sit back and laugh as these poor people think they're
> living the high life by eating something that's nasty, but won't kill
> them.

Eh. I've never made more than $25,000 a year, and I love caviar.

Serene
--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory