DC.

Default Sun Drying Experiences?

I know, there was a thread about it here quite a while ago. It's a tough
looking fish & because it's a bottom feeder, some of them aren't that great
to eat (tough meaty flesh & sometimes smelling a bit fishy). The only reason
for having them is for fresh water sports fishing i guess. As a kid, I
remember seeing a local pond/swamp being filled up by a bulldozer & as the
water level dried up, the snakeheads just crawled up & 'snaked' its way to
the next watering hole. If you ever need to get rid of them, buy a box of
fishhooks, thread a piece of beef into each hook, dry in sun until rock hard
& stinky, tie each hook to a 2m length of fish line & tie the other end to a
stake. Head down to your snakehead infested pond & look for shady corners in
the pond & simply put the stake into the ground, throw in your hook & leave.
I suggest do it first thing in the morning & come back in the evening,
chances are you'll get most of them & even an eel or 2 (that's if you have
fresh water eels in the States). Pick them up & head down to your Thai or
Chinese restaurant, they'll buy it off you because they know how to cook
them. That includes the eel. LOL.

DC.

om...