Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Had dinner at Outback Steakhouse

On Jul 25, 6:49*pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> We haven't been there in a really long time, decided to head over there
> after attending the county fair. *Shared a blooming onion and I ordered
> a roasted beef filet with port sauce and mushrooms. *Now that I think
> about it, I don't remember seeing any mushrooms. *
>
> It came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. *However, when it arrived,
> there were the (very good) mashed potatoes and a good size portion
> of haricots vert.
>
> Holy crow, I don't know what was up with them, but they were fabulous.
> I wish I finished them. *Darned tasty they were.
>
> Don't tell anyone, I gave up trying to eat them with a fork and took to
> using my fingers. *Hey ... if it's okay for asparagus, it's good enough
> for the green beans. *I'm sticking with that story, you're supposed to
> eat them with your fingers.
>
> nancy * *

I had the best prime rib I think I've ever had at the Outback near
Chattanooga TN in that big gross shopping mall. Of course the fact
that a kayaking buddy of mine and I just ran the Upper Ocoee for our
first solo times may have played into it too!

John Kuthe...