Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Had dinner at Outback Steakhouse

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:49:54 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>We haven't been there in a really long time, decided to head over there
>after attending the county fair. Shared a blooming onion and I ordered
>a roasted beef filet with port sauce and mushrooms. Now that I think
>about it, I don't remember seeing any mushrooms.
>
>It came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. However, when it arrived,
>there were the (very good) mashed potatoes and a good size portion
>of haricots vert.
>
>Holy crow, I don't know what was up with them, but they were fabulous.
>I wish I finished them. Darned tasty they were.
>
>Don't tell anyone, I gave up trying to eat them with a fork and took to
>using my fingers. Hey ... if it's okay for asparagus, it's good enough
>for the green beans. I'm sticking with that story, you're supposed to
>eat them with your fingers.

Heh, Heh! Good, yes? Fingers were invented before forks.

SWMBO and I grill various things like asparagus and fresh
green beans, on iron, and do the same. Delish.

Bout the OS. Been to our local, wasn't much. Steaks were
poor, service indifferent. More ambience than substance.

Onion was nice, but greasy. Must be a local thing....

Alex