Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Had dinner at Outback Steakhouse

We haven't been there in a really long time, decided to head over there
after attending the county fair. Shared a blooming onion and I ordered
a roasted beef filet with port sauce and mushrooms. Now that I think
about it, I don't remember seeing any mushrooms.

It came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. However, when it arrived,
there were the (very good) mashed potatoes and a good size portion
of haricots vert.

Holy crow, I don't know what was up with them, but they were fabulous.
I wish I finished them. Darned tasty they were.

Don't tell anyone, I gave up trying to eat them with a fork and took to
using my fingers. Hey ... if it's okay for asparagus, it's good enough
for the green beans. I'm sticking with that story, you're supposed to
eat them with your fingers.

nancy