DC.

Default Sun Drying Experiences?

<snip>
> One little old Chinese
> lady (seemingly recent immigrant, or never acculturated) moved in just

after
> she did, and at least initially would dry strips of meat (pork?) just
> threaded on a length of string which she'd tie up in an out of the way
> corner of the external stairs.

I guess Chinese pork jerky

> I'm trying to recall any details ... She'd
> tie the string horizontally, like across a corner, and good air

circulation
> seemed to be more important than sun.

Dries faster with both sun + wind. Too much sun & it'll be very dry & tough,
my old neighbours ran a jerky business when i was a kid, they kept the
recipe a secret but i managed to learn a few things.

> I think she may have spent some time
> attending it, kind of waving off flies, [maybe when first put out? or

maybe
> guarding against hungry neighbors:-] but I also don't recall noticing a

fly
> problem even when she wasn't there. This was a very small scale

operation,
> just one or two strings a couple of feet long. I don't know if it was a
> change in weather or her mortified children, but I stopped seeing the
> hanging meat after a while.

Probably had a secret shipment of pork jerky sent from her old country. LOL.

DC.