Default Sun Drying Experiences?

"Peter Dy" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Thanks, Nick. This frame you make, you set it down somewhere
> horizontally? And I guess the plastic window screening is to prevent
> flies etc from gathering.[]

Hi Pedrito,

Yes. Horizontal, elevated enough so air can move under it, too.

You noted the spaced double layer of screen on the bottom? Flies can walk
on the bottom of the bottom one, but they're still an inch away from the
meat resting on top of the middle one. Drives them crazy! Same with the
screen on the top frame. The flies walk on it but are still an inch away
from the meat. Heh heh heh! I've never seen any fly poop on the top,
either, but I don't really know what it looks like. ;~/

Wash the screens after use to get rid of any food residue. Don't soak them
or the frames may warp.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended