Ian Hoare

Default Sun Drying Experiences?

Salut/Hi Peter Dy,

le/on Sat, 15 May 2004 05:18:38 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

>Has anyone sun drying things like beef? I had always wanted to try a Thai
>recipe that calls for sun-drying the beef for a day (Neua Daet Diao).

I did that, Peter, but only by drying in an ultra cool (40C) oven over
night.

>in the Central Valley, it can get pretty hot in the summer, often in the
>90s, and it's real dry here.

Perfect.

>I also live in an apartment complex, so I'm kinda worried about the boring
>neighbors as well. They might complain that I've got frogs hanging from a
>laundry line outside.

Laundry line? You mean you're allowed a laundry line? Many of my friends in
the US tell me the neighbours complain over one of those. "I don't want to
look at your underwear", being the typical comment.

I'd say, "go for it", then come back and let us know how you get on. And
don't worry TOO much about germs, the salting is designed to prevent them
being able to live.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare