Default Sun Drying Experiences?

"Peter Dy" > wrote:
> Has anyone sun drying things like beef? [ . . . ]
>
> Has anyone tried it? Does it work well?

Peter, I've been doing this for over 40 years. It works great for making
jerky or other dried meats and veggies. I've only done beef and tomatoes.
There's a bit of DIY. Make 2 frames about 2' x 4' or whatever, out of 3/4"
square wood or whatever. Get enough plastic window screening to make 3
layers, one for the bottom, one for the top of the bottom and one for the
top of the top. Improvise some kind of hinges out of cloth or whatever and
some kind of hasp or use rubber bands on the corners to hold it closed. Put
it outside in the morning, take it in at night so it doesn't get dew on it.
Thin slices work best, one or two days'll do it. Google should give you
some marinade or rub ideas, although I haven't looked. I just shake the
strips of beef in a mixture of garlic powder, s & p in a paper bag. You
could probably use a Teriyaki sauce, too. Once you see how great this
tastes compared to the commercial stuff, you're hooked. ENJOY!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended