Peter Dy

Default Sun Drying Experiences?

Has anyone sun drying things like beef? I had always wanted to try a Thai
recipe that calls for sun-drying the beef for a day (Neua Daet Diao). Here
in the Central Valley, it can get pretty hot in the summer, often in the
90s, and it's real dry here. You'd think that would be as good a climate as
Thailand for such things, but I'd always imagined I'd end up with moist
strips of beef covered with flies...

I also live in an apartment complex, so I'm kinda worried about the boring
neighbors as well. They might complain that I've got frogs hanging from a
laundry line outside.

Has anyone tried it? Does it work well?

Peter