Posted to rec.food.cooking
Silent Stone Silent Stone is offline

Default OT-Ever have the taste of beer change?

They say that tastes change as you get older...

For some reason, over the last few months beer has been tasting too
'malty' or too 'sweet'. I would take a sip and have to do the 'cough
and shake' as if I'd just drank a cup of liquid caramel or swallowed a
whole cadbury egg. So naturally I started moving from maltier beers
(Sam Adams, various local micros) to lighter, paler ales. I still
like the hops, but even Sierra Nevada IPA got to be too malty. Now
I'm at the end of the rope, and I can't drink more than a single
Leinenkugel HoneyWeiss. You can't get much lighter than this.

It hasn't even been that hot lately... we've had highs in the upper
60s and 70s, and I haven't turned on my AC yet this year.

Is it possible that you reach a certain age to where you just can't
drink beer anymore?

Thanks.

-John W.