Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default Bocce Wines

On Jul 20, 9:55*am, "Bill S." > wrote:
> Some bocce wines enjoyed yesterday in the garden:
>
> 2004 Le Chablisienne Mont de Mileu Chablis – initial hint of sulphur
> blew away and then there was a fairly sweet fruit nose, although the
> same rip fruit was absent from palate, where the wine showed nicely
> dry and clean. *Very decent.
>
> 2003 Matrot Wittersheim Meursault Charmes – the difference here was a
> less sweet nose with the addition of vanilla and citrus. *Very
> enjoyable.
>
> 2005 Beron Pinot Noir Dijon Clone (Willamette Valley) – new producer
> for me. *Bright fruit, sweet in the nose and a tad smple still but
> very pleasant.
>
> 1995 Ridge Lytton Springs Zinfandel – warm whiskey oak sort of nose,
> swet and long.
>
> 1995 Banister Bradford Mountain Zinfandel – older, and a bit browner
> on the edges, with a more elegance and good length. *Both were well
> into the second phase of Zin life when they present more like cabs,
> having lost the blackberry fruit and baby fat.
>
> 2007 Mordoree CduRhone – dark fruit sweet nose, soft wine with good
> length, what’s not to like?
>
> While Coop and I handily won the first game of bocce, the opposition
> plied us with wine to weaken our resolve and we let them have their
> way with us thereafter. *I shall draw a veil over the unpleasant
> details!

When I was growing up the old Italian men would gather every night at
a local park where lighted Bocce courts were available. The wine was
home made usually with Muscat grapes, the glasses were Mason jars and
the smell their Parodi cigars would fill the air. Bocce wines have
come a long way! Thanks for the notes.