Posted to alt.food.wine
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default Bocce Wines

Some bocce wines enjoyed yesterday in the garden:

2004 Le Chablisienne Mont de Mileu Chablis – initial hint of sulphur
blew away and then there was a fairly sweet fruit nose, although the
same rip fruit was absent from palate, where the wine showed nicely
dry and clean. Very decent.

2003 Matrot Wittersheim Meursault Charmes – the difference here was a
less sweet nose with the addition of vanilla and citrus. Very
enjoyable.

2005 Beron Pinot Noir Dijon Clone (Willamette Valley) – new producer
for me. Bright fruit, sweet in the nose and a tad smple still but
very pleasant.

1995 Ridge Lytton Springs Zinfandel – warm whiskey oak sort of nose,
swet and long.

1995 Banister Bradford Mountain Zinfandel – older, and a bit browner
on the edges, with a more elegance and good length. Both were well
into the second phase of Zin life when they present more like cabs,
having lost the blackberry fruit and baby fat.

2007 Mordoree CduRhone – dark fruit sweet nose, soft wine with good
length, what’s not to like?

While Coop and I handily won the first game of bocce, the opposition
plied us with wine to weaken our resolve and we let them have their
way with us thereafter. I shall draw a veil over the unpleasant
details!