Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Dovey Dee Dovey is offline

Default Technivorm, was Mario's Lasagna pan

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:24:25 -0400, "Dee Dovey" >
> wrote:
>
>>> OTOH (and OT, my Technivorm arrived yesterday and is working overtime
>>> already!

>>Gee, I've never heard of this. I know you post occasionally on alt.coffee
>>and I've not seen any mention of it; perhaps I've just not seen it. But
>>wading thru the 2 or 3 egoists' postings there, it's hard to want to read
>>anything anymore.

> Sadly agreed.
>
>>I started to research Technivorm, but can see there more here than just a
>>casual bit of reading.

> I've had a number of Braun and Krups machines over the years. They've
> always
> done best in Consumer Reports and other water temperature tests. But the
> Technivorm does even better in that regard.
>
> It's really a very simple machine -- as Susan said, comes apart quite
> easily for
> cleaning, etc. The key point besides the higher and consistent brewing
> temperature and the build quality is that you have access to and manual
> control
> over the brewing funnel. There's a valve to stop the water flow, so you
> can
> allow the funnel to fill with water, stir if you like, and hold for up to
> minute or so to encourage full extraction. Then just open the valve to
> half-way
> or full, and let it finish flowing into the thermal carafe. That's really
> all
> there is to play with.
>
> Of course,I have, as always, run into Larson's Law of Inconvenience: No
> matter
> how much you research and how much you spend, any small appliances you buy
> will
> always have a switch layout and/or power cord routing that is the opposite
> of
> what you'd like for your countertop arrangement.
>
> -- Larry (sigh...)

Thanks for information. 2 days of french press coffee here is not my idea
of good coffee. DH is finally cleaning the espresso machine this morning.

I just posted a probably-irrelevant question to alt.coffee, wondering about
the temperature of my grouphead if I peeled it off. DH has not put on the
PID because of supposedly waiting for an answer, so I am out-of-sorts about
all of this. :-)))

Life is good when this is uppermost in one's thoughts on an early morning.

Dee Dee