Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default picnic plan

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> A week from Sunday we're having BYOE picnic for extended family.
>
> Our heard will be 14 including 5 little ones.
>
> I want to make a "Giant French loaf grilled veggie" sandwich
>
> I could just wing it but I was wondering if anyone had any great recipes for
> a sandwich or any other veggie picnic dish.
>
> I am planning on some cold fried or roast chicken as well.
>
> If possible little or no grilled eggplant.
>
> TIA.
>
> Dimitri

Ok, I'll play. :-)

Grilled portabello mushroom to start. Zucchini and/or yellow crookneck
squash slices (or any other summer squash), Romaine hearts, Pineapple
slices, thickly sliced Onions (any color), thickly sliced tomato, Jicima
maybe for some sweetness but that's a bit esoteric imho, sliced and
grilled sweet potato are also excellent. Maybe some Tomatillos or
Daikon if you want to get exotic. Hunks of bell pepper if you like
them, or I'd prefer Anaheim.

To name just a few!
--
Peace! Om