Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] pltrgyst@spamlessxhost.org is offline

Default Technivorm, was Mario's Lasagna pan

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:24:25 -0400, "Dee Dovey" > wrote:

>> OTOH (and OT, my Technivorm arrived yesterday and is working overtime
>> already!

>Gee, I've never heard of this. I know you post occasionally on alt.coffee
>and I've not seen any mention of it; perhaps I've just not seen it. But
>wading thru the 2 or 3 egoists' postings there, it's hard to want to read
>anything anymore.

Sadly agreed.

>I started to research Technivorm, but can see there more here than just a
>casual bit of reading.

I've had a number of Braun and Krups machines over the years. They've always
done best in Consumer Reports and other water temperature tests. But the
Technivorm does even better in that regard.

It's really a very simple machine -- as Susan said, comes apart quite easily for
cleaning, etc. The key point besides the higher and consistent brewing
temperature and the build quality is that you have access to and manual control
over the brewing funnel. There's a valve to stop the water flow, so you can
allow the funnel to fill with water, stir if you like, and hold for up to a
minute or so to encourage full extraction. Then just open the valve to half-way
or full, and let it finish flowing into the thermal carafe. That's really all
there is to play with.

Of course,I have, as always, run into Larson's Law of Inconvenience: No matter
how much you research and how much you spend, any small appliances you buy will
always have a switch layout and/or power cord routing that is the opposite of
what you'd like for your countertop arrangement.

-- Larry (sigh...)