Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Walla Walla Sweets!

Julie Bove > wrote:

: > By the way, any margarine that is marked with a U inside a circle and DOES
: > NOT have a D next to or under it, will be dairy free. This is a mark for
: > something be kosher and non-dairy so observant Jews can use it for meat
: > meals, which cannot contain any dairy. Knowing your issues, you would
: > still have to check for soy.

: I live in an area with very few Jewish people. This margarine does have
: soybean oil. So not something I would use very often. The others I have
: found have crushed soybeans in them. I won't buy those at all.

You don't have tobe in a Jewish neigborhood to find products that are
labelled with that little U in a circle or other kosher marks. They are
often on national brands like Nucoa, or Smart Balance etc. In fact, many
with dairy allergies know to lookd for these marks on foods so they know
they are safe for them to eat. You might also look or the word "parve"
on packages. It also means no dairy or meat in the productl. Sometimes
found on bked goods, which I know ou don't eat, but perhaps for
Angela.

Wendy