Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Quentin Grady > wrote:
> : On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:13:30 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
> : wrote:
>
> : >Quentin Grady > wrote:
> : >
> : >: Hi Jan,
> : >
> : >: I don't get much chance to cook now. Standing for more than a few
> : >: minutes without sticks is painful. So cooking is a shared experience.
> : >: I have a caregiver twice a day to help me.
> : >: --
> : >: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
> : >
> : >I have a folding 3 step ladder in the kitchen that I often use to sit
> on
> : >while cooking. Some jobs I can do right fro the ladder and some I have
> : >stand for, but can get down onto the ladder top step ASAP when the
> : >particular task is done. Works for cutting vegetble, stirring things
> in
> : >pots that are not too tall, etc.
> : >
> : >Wendy
>
> : Thanks Wendy,
>
> : There are two features that work against that. One our kitchen is too
> : small. Secondly the ladder doesn't converse. I have an excellent
> : caregiver who both cooks and listens and I listen to her. It is like
> : daily counseling that keeps us both sane.
> : ]
> : Thanks all the same for an excellent suggestion.
> : --
> : Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
>
> Is the kitchen too small for both a folding ladder(opened) and a
> caregiver? One is for sitting and the other is for helping, conversing
> and fetching things for you. Try it! For me, I get all the ingredients
> out onto the counter(like a chef's mis in place) adn then perchon the
> adder and cut, mix, etc to my heart's content(and my back's ease). It
> greatly reduces the staning time for me.

When I was at my worst, I bought a sturdy bar stool. No back but it
swivels. I could sit there for an hour or two at a time, although I did
need to take some breaks because I really can't sit for that long, and cut
up veggies and things. If need be, I could put it in front of the stove.

Angela took a ball point pen or scissors or something to it (I forget now)
when we lived in NY and punched a bunch of holes in the black seat. I then
ordered a red cover for it from a restaurant supply house. Looks just like
new! Angela has it now. She sits on it and spins.