Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

Quentin Grady > wrote:
: On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:13:30 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
: wrote:

: >Quentin Grady > wrote:
: >
: >: Hi Jan,
: >
: >: I don't get much chance to cook now. Standing for more than a few
: >: minutes without sticks is painful. So cooking is a shared experience.
: >: I have a caregiver twice a day to help me.
: >: --
: >: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
: >
: >I have a folding 3 step ladder in the kitchen that I often use to sit on
: >while cooking. Some jobs I can do right fro the ladder and some I have to
: >stand for, but can get down onto the ladder top step ASAP when the
: >particular task is done. Works for cutting vegetble, stirring things in
: >pots that are not too tall, etc.
: >
: >Wendy

: Thanks Wendy,

: There are two features that work against that. One our kitchen is too
: small. Secondly the ladder doesn't converse. I have an excellent
: caregiver who both cooks and listens and I listen to her. It is like
: daily counseling that keeps us both sane.
: ]
: Thanks all the same for an excellent suggestion.
: --
: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /

Is the kitchen too small for both a folding ladder(opened) and a
caregiver? One is for sitting and the other is for helping, conversing
and fetching things for you. Try it! For me, I get all the ingredients
out onto the counter(like a chef's mis in place) adn then perchon the
adder and cut, mix, etc to my heart's content(and my back's ease). It
greatly reduces the staning time for me.

Wendy