Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default WSM or Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal

On Jul 9, 4:48*am, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Looking at the two side by side, it can be difficult to justify the price
> difference. *Then you cook on them and find the WSM is far superior.

No kidding. I had never owned a pit that I didn't have to spend the
night tending, resulting in me being a little on the cranky side from
time to time.

The WSM was the first pit that I owned that I didn't have to set the
alarm for every hour to check or just spend the night with it on a
long smoke.

I was totally hooked when I did my second smoke, and left it out all
night and didn't check it for about 8 - 9 hours. It had a large
brisket in it, and overnight it lost a whopping 10 degrees from the
happy spot of about 280.

Now, I would be shocked if I built the fire and left it out over night
with a piece of meat on it and it wasn't almost perfect.

Long smokes are certainly its forte.

Robert