Chris

Default Cast Iron vs Carbon Steel

I have a carbon steel wok and a cast iron wok. Frankly I prefer the cast
iron wok over the carbon steel for most stir frying. Yes the carbon
steel is lighter but the cast iron one can build up heat in the center
while the side stay relatively cool and food can stay warm when placed on
the upper sided of the wok. The problem I had with the carbon steel wok
is that the seasoning just won't stay on even when I treat it very
delicately, never use soap, and highly acidic foods or liguids. I still
get the seasoning peeling off and I have to re-season. The cast iron wok
never seems to have that problem.