b2cwatchbest b2cwatchbest is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
"Rich" wrote in message
I saw a margarita recipe on rec.food.cooking that made mention of Mexican
vs. key limes. I've got a lime tree growing in my back yard with growth
from below and above a graft. I've never been able to determine the type
of limes growing on my tree. Both ripen to yellow. One fruit is lime like
(round with thin skin) and the other is more lemon like (oblong with
pointed ends and thicker skin). Neither resembles a typical "grocery
store" lemon in size, rind or flesh color. The "round" one has a "store
bought" lime flavor when used green, the oblong one other does not. Both
become sweeter as they ripen. I'd like to figure out what kind of limes
they are. Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Limes

Page 2

Key Lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle). Also known as the Mexican lime, West
Indies lime and Bartender's lime, the highly-aromatic Key lime is grown in
the Florida Keys, Mexico and the West Indies. It is smaller and round, the
size of a ping pong ball, and more fragrant and less acidic. The color can
range from a regular lime green to yellow in color, depending on ripeness.
Those not familiar with it can mistake it for a lemon, but the skin is
smooth, thin-skinned and full of small seeds. It also has a distinct, tart,
but less acid, juice than the Persian lime. Both are the only two limes,
acid or sour, that are commercially grown.

Dimitri
http://www.b2cwatch.com provides excellent customer service and extraordinary merchandise. We wish to inform and educate our customers on the historical and collectable values of Rolex and to help direct you in the important acquisition of a Rolex watch.