Peter Dy

Default Cast Iron vs Carbon Steel

"Peter Dy" > wrote in message
om...
[...]
> I don't like them, mostly cause you don't season them. Food sticks

easily,
> and I don't like the interaction between the food and the metal--it

doesn't
> seem smooth.

BTW, I recently got two non-non-stick aluminum frying pans, Western style,
one large, one small. I love them! Way cheaper than the fancy non-stick
pans. They need to be seasoned. I really like how the food interacts with
the metal--things brown very nicely if you want them to, but the brown bits
come off easily. I don't like how food browns in non-stick pans. I've had
similar problems making these very thin, brittle Dutch cookies, called
Kletskoppen, in non-stick baking sheets--the cookies didn't properly
interact with the teflon and never got properly dry and brittle.

Peter