Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default seek grilled fish in San Jose areas

On Jul 5, 7:37*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:11:53 -0700, AEH wrote:

> > Also, I have tried to BBQ grill fish myself, but disappointingly, my fish
> > skin came off, which was the best tasting part. Thank you.

Grease the grill, or use a special non-stick gadget made for grilling
fish.

> ObBaRestaurants: Straw Hat Pizza came in 5th in top 25 rising
> restaurants, according to Restaurant Business magazine.
>
> <http://www.monkeydish.com/2008062326236/searchable/the-future-50-2009...>
>
> Have they turned into some sort of Chuck E Cheese, because I didn't
> know a single adult who liked their pizza. *I ate there twice. *Once
> in 1985 (Sunnyvale) and again in 1994 (North San Jose). *Looks liek
> they're both gone.

In the mid-80s there was a group of cow-orkers who went there weekly
as part of their Friday movie night. They preferred the one on El
Camino. So there were some eight adults who liked their pizza.

They are not notably geared to children. The remaining Straw Hats were
the non-company stores left after corporate Straw Hat sold out to
Pizza Hut. The ones you remember may have been company-owned stores.

I see the former Straw Hat in Santa Cruz is now a Mexican joint.