Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Grilled Flank Steak

On Jul 5, 10:38*pm, Phil-c <invalid@invalid> wrote:
> koko wrote:
> > Michael's flank steak thread popped into my head when I saw a flank
> > steak at TJ's today so I had to get one.

> > I sprinkled it lightly with some powdered chili, then rubbed it with
> > some garlic that I ran through the microplane. I put it in a plastic
> > bag with some olive oil and let marinade for about an hour.
> >http://i39.tinypic.com/zw1fdl.jpg

> > While the steak was marinating I tossed some asparagus with olive oil
> > and salt and pepper and cooked them on the grill.
> >http://i44.tinypic.com/2ecqlg6.jpg

> > When the asparagus was done the steak went on the grill.
> > This is Stan's trusty Hibachi he's had since the '70's. I used half
> > charcoal and half mesquite. *
> >http://i39.tinypic.com/1f8dhy.jpg

> > Mmm looking good. Then rested before slicing.
> >http://i44.tinypic.com/svkrrp.jpg

> > Dinner is served.
> >http://i39.tinypic.com/2f06pfd.jpg

> > koko
> > --

> > There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shaw
> >www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> > updated 07/05

> Koko you mentioned Mequite
>
> How much are you US folks paying retail for *it and what package sizes
> does it sell in ?

It is not something that is likely to be exported. Where the heck do
you live? Outside Texas, New Mexico and I guess a few surrounding
states it only comes in tiny bags, mostly for folks to use with their
gas grills. They add it to briquets sometimes too. It is an acquired
taste, different from the more closely related hickories and
fruitwoods. Southwesterners use it, and who am I to argue with them?

Again, where do you live?

--Bryan