Posted to rec.food.equipment
jt august[_3_] jt august[_3_] is offline

Default HELP: Pitcher-style water filtration?

In article >,
Susan > wrote:

> I think the bottom line is that there's no reason to believe that spring
> water or other bottled water is more pure than tap.

It really depends on where one lives. I live in St Louis, and our
Missouri River drawn tap water has won recognition for its taste and
lack of impurities, so I am fine with my tap water as is, just add ice
or put a pitcher in the fridge.

However, I have had tap water with minerals other ultrafine impurities
in it that has a horrendous taste. If at the tap filtration can't clean
up that stuff, I could well understand drinking the bottled stuff.

jt