Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default High altitude quiche

notbob wrote:
> Being so high up, 7680ft, I'm having to relearn a lot of basic cooking
> techniques that were no brainers at 150ft above sea level. One of my
> favorite recipes is quiche, which mine is to die for. Anyway, my first two
> were pretty bad. Took too long to cook and they were all dried out and
> lifeless, like they'd sat in the desert for a few days. Yuk.

Recipe snipped. (Go look it up!)

NotB:

I'm curious. Why would your quiche react any differently than pumpkin
or pecan pie or any other baked custard? Perhaps it's the difference in
altitude (we're at 5800 feet) but I've never had a problem with any of
those or quiche (which we love but don't have often because of cholesterol.)

gloria p