Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Miles Bader Miles Bader is offline

Default Air Pot for coffee

"Chuck Olson" > writes:
> I recently found a container advertised for dispensing coffee called an
> "Air Pot", typically manufactured by Bunn, Bloomfield or Wilbur
> Curtis. I'm curious about the use of "Air" in the "Air Pot". The problem
> is, Bunn never reveals how their Air Pot works. I guess they assume if
> you want one, there's no need to explain. So I'm looking for someone who
> likes coffee so much that he or she has found a 2 1/2 liter "Air Pot" to
> be useful, and maybe explain to me how "air" is involved.

I'm not sure the exact mechanism, but AFAIK the "big button" just drives
a bellows-type pump; it does _feel_ like it's somehow air-damped or
something though... I've only used them for hot water and tea, but
they're very nice for that -- store lots of liquid, keep it hot forever,
easy to dispense.

[Lots of more fancy types too that will heat the water as well (though
it's only necessary occasionally, as they vacuum container keeps it hot
for a long time), have electrically driven pumps, etc.]

-Miles

--
Bigot, n. One who is obstinately and zealously attached to an opinion that
you do not entertain.