Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Coffee Extract

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Jun 28, 5:38*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > *Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> >
> > > Used as a flavoring, I'd bet it's not much more expensive than the
> > > horrific CoffeeMate product, which is chockfull of transfats and HFCS.

> > > --Bryan

> > It's got lots of -ides, -ates, and -oses but seems devoid of HCFS and
> > transfats. * *

> If so, that's a new thing. Often, they use a serving size that gets
> the transfats to <0.5%, which means they can legally say zero. Does
> it no longer have "partially hydrogenated..."?
> http://www.coffee-mate.com/products/AmarettoLiquid.aspx
>
> Of course not. It's the third ingredient, and instead of HFCS, it has
> sugar, which is OK, as is HFCS really, but adding half&half with a
> dash of DiSaranno to your coffee instead of that CoffeeMate product is
> like using real cheese instead of cheese substitute on a pizza, or
> pureed real cherries instead of artificially flavored cherry Kool-Aid
> as an ice cream topping.

What's your position on Beet Jelly made with Raspberry Kool-Aid?

> > Bite me.

> I think that the slang term you used translates as, "Perform
> cunnilingus on me."

And here I thought it meant "Kiss my ass!"

> Did you really mean that? Some mother superior
> you are!

The best.

> Can you say, "Nunsploitation film?"

Every schoolboy's fantasy. And speaking of fantasy. . .

Fantasy Fudge
3 cups sugar

3/4 cup margarine
1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
1 pkg. (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate pieces
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan. Bring
to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes
over medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234° F., stirring
constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
Stir in chocolate pieces until melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts and
vanilla. Beat until well blended. Pour into a greased 13-by-9-inch pan.
Cool at room temperature. Cut into squares.
Makes 3 pounds.

Source: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/fudge-rec...tasy-fudge.htm

(D'ya like the margarine? I thought so. Just for you.)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009